2010 Ornellaia "25th Anniversary" La Celebrazione Bolgheri DOC Superiore

2010 Ornellaia "25th Anniversary" La Celebrazione Bolgheri DOC Superiore

£400.00
  • Producer: Ornellaia
  • Vintage: 2010
  • ABV: 14,5% Vol.
  • Grape: Cabernet Sauvignon 53%, Merlot 39%, Cabernet Franc 4% and Petit Verdot 4%.
  • Italian Quality Road: DOC Toscana Bolgheri Superiore
  • Serving Temperature: 16/18°C.
In stock
Tax included.
Only 4 item(s) left in stock
Ask a question

Ask a question

2010 Ornellaia "25th Anniversary" La Celebrazione Bolgheri DOC Superiore
£400.00
Delivery & Return

Shipping info

Return Policy: We will gladly accept returns for damage or broken items within 7 days of receipt of delivery.

Availability: Ships anywhere in the United Kingdom

Processing Time: Allow 1-2 business days processing time for your order to ship.

Share

Order within the next 04:22:23 for Next Day delivery!

2010 Ornellaia "25th Anniversary" La Celebrazione Bolgheri DOC Superiore
£400.00

The 2010 vintage was among the coolest and latest-ripening in recent years and yielded one of the most elegant expressions of Ornellaia. A deep ruby hue announces remarkable complexity on the nose, releasing heady fragrances of dark wild berry, pungent spice, and smooth pipe tobacco.

The palate is finesse par excellence, with silky tannins and bright, clean-edged fruit, crowned with a finish boasting impressively racy tannins. Ornellaia 2010 is a red wine that celebrates the twenty-fifth anniversary of Ornellaia. A Bolgheri Doc that presents itself as one of the most elegant expressions of the Ornellaia, of excellent quality and a perfect expression of its native territory: Tuscany.

This 2010 Ornellaia consists of Cabernet Sauvignon 53%, Merlot 39%, Cabernet Franc 4% and Petit Verdot 4%.

97 Points Robert Parker, Wine Advocate

2010 was a late vintage for its grapes, characterised by a rainy spring and a very hot and dry summer that allowed an optimal ripening of the clusters.

The harvest began in mid-September with a meticulous selection of grapes that, after careful disening, are subjected to a soft crushing. Each variety and parcel is vinified separately. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel vats followed by maceration and malolactic fermentation in oak barrels for 70% new and the remaining 30% first pass.
Finally, the Ornellaia remains in barrels in the temperature-controlled cellar of Ornellaia for a period of about 18 months before being bottled, where it remains for another 12 months before being placed on the market.

The result is a splendid 2010 Ornellaia with an intense ruby red colour, with complex blended aromas to enveloping tones of black fruit, spices and tobacco. The taste is fine and the tannins are revealed silky, of great elegance, with intense fruity gradations.

Pairing Suggestions: Aged cheeses, Second courses of red meat, Game.

Maturation: Each variety and parcel is vinified separately. The alcoholic fermentation is carried out in stainless steel vats followed by maceration and malolactic fermentation in oak barrels for 70% new and the remaining 30% first pass .The wine then remained in barriques, in Ornellaia’s temperature- controlled cellars for about 18 months. After the first 12 months of maturation, the wine was assembled and then returned to the barriques for an additional 6 months. After bottling, the wine aged a further 12 months prior to release.

We ship anywhere in the UK. Please allow 1 to 2 days processing time depending on when your order is placed.

Allow 1-2 business days processing time for your order to ship. All orders are hand-picked and packed with love from the san marco group

Recently Viewed Products